THE ROAD TO RECOVERY
Whether you are struggling with past or current dysfunctions or obsessive behaviour, whether it is affecting your own life or the lives of those around you, you will find healing here:
THE EIGHT RECOVERY PRINCIPLES
- Admit that you are powerless to control your tendency to do the wrong thing and that your life is unmanageable without God.
- Earnestly believe that God exists, that You matter to Him and that He has the power to help you recover.
- Consciously choose to commit your life and will to Christ’s care and control. (Matthew 5:5 Happy are the meek)
- Openly examine and confess your sin to yourself, to God, and to someone you trust (Matthew 5:8 Happy are the pure in heart)
- Voluntarily submit to every change God wants to make in your life and humbly ask Him to remove your character defects. (Matthew 5:6 Happy are those whose greatest desire is to do what God requires.
- Evaluate all your relationships. Offer forgiveness to those who have hurt you and make amends, except when to do so would harm them or others. (Matthew 5: 7&9 Happy are the merciful. Happy are the peacemakers.
- Reserve a daily time with God for self-examination, read your Bible and pray in order to know God and His will for your life, so you may gain the power to follow His will.
- Yield yourself to God to be used to bring this Good News to others, both by your example and your words. (Matthew 5:10 Happy are those who are persecuted because they do what God requires!
And remember: Jesus Christ, the One and Only True High Power
Credit: Celebrate Recovery Program